Lions are close to offering a kid from the WPIAL named Chad Hagan. He is teammates with Canon-McMilan commit Mike Hull.
“6-foot-1 and 210-pound Hagan played running back and safety during his junior season. He rushed for 750 yards and made close to 60 tackles. Hagan could play on either side of the ball in college.“Some say safety or linebacker,” Hagan said. “Others say they are recruiting me as an athlete that could play anywhere.” ”
he is headed up to PSU for a visit with Mike Hull soon, and said this:
“My top three are Pitt, Penn State and Ohio State. Penn State is still my favorite.”
Pitt is in a lot of trouble for 2010, in my opinion. In the 2009 class, Pitt lost tons of head-to-head battles over kids, many in their own backyard. Next year, Pitt may or may not be bowl eligible, with the loss of McCoy, his backup, and a quarterback who is worse than Kmetz and Faith in a dual-threat offensive attack. The 2010 PA recruiting base looks a lot better than in the past couple eyars, and PSU (who right now is crushing Pitt in every aspect) is all over the WPIAL already, showing tons of interest and having that interest reciprocated. Pitt will probably take a step back from their success in the 2008 season, and I really, honestly think that pitt’s 2010 recruiting class is going to suffer mightily as Ohio State, WVU, and PSU take every kid they want.
That might seem like great news to all of us who hate Pitt, but anytime kids leave the state, that irritates me. Especially if they go to fuckin’ Ohio State and Michigan. Tennessee is another school we have to watch, for the time being, and even ND a bit.
We are heavily chasing CT RB Silas Redd. Here’s a quote from the kid:
“I’m going down in March and I’m expecting to get it there (written offer). If my unofficial goes well, I’m going to commit right there on the spot.”
Sean Fitz of BWI said:
“I asked him if he wanted it printed, because some guys will tell me stuff like this in confidence and then not want it out there, but he said he was fine with me running it as is.”
He is compared to McCoo and Ki-Jana Carter.
Rodney Kinlaw, former NitWit great and my dawg on MySpace, has been picked up in the Canadian league by Winnipeg.
Former Nit Derek Wake is now a member of the Miami Dolphins. He had like 37 sacks in 2 seasons in the CFL, and basically crushed people. I think he said he owes it all to Fox’s Pizza and Sheetz Hotdogs. Wait, that was me that said that about myself gaining a bunch of weight.
Things I Miss from Sheetz:
1. Ugly sluts
2. MTO sandwiches
3. Sheetz hotdogs
4. Seeing people I hoped I would never see again
5. Galliker’s iced tea
6. Crackheads buying lottery tickets
7. Crackheads stealing cigarette lighters
8. Slim Jims
– Spoke with Cardinal Mooney athlete Braylon Heard last night. He holds one offer, from Penn State (he has yet to receive the written one. He said that he is being recruited as a running back. Other schools in touch include Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan State, Illinois and more. He has not visited anywhere so far, and will likely go to Pitt this weekend for a junior day. USC is his favorite school, but he hasn’t gotten anything from them.
– Spoke with Canon-McMilan athlete Chad Hagan on Sunday evening, he has still yet to pick up an offer, but he did maintain that Penn State is his favorite school. He has several schools looking at him at this point, including Penn State and Ohio State. Tom Bradley has stopped by the school a few times to see he and Mike Hull. He came to several Penn State games this year, and will likely visit with Hull in the near future. He is being recruited as a safety.
– Caught up with Eleanor Roosevelt defensive tackle Derrick Marks the other night, and he said that far and away his goal is to go to Penn State. He has spoken with Larry Johnson one time, and is very close to PSU signees Derrick Thomas and Stephon Morris. He’s just getting into things, and Syracuse and Maryland have been sending letters. Also, he asked me to pass along his Youtube video… here it is.